Saturday, May 14, 2011

My Gratitude List


following my conversation with my dear friend last week, i did as she asked. i kept a journal with me to write down everything i have to be grateful for and everything that made me joyful. now, while i don't think i got everything down, i definitely got her point... i have so much in my life that brings me joy, happiness and fulfillment. just because i am not at the same places all my other friends are does not mean my life is not going in the right direction. there is no plan, no formula to follow. just embrace the journey and enjoy...

here is a sample of my list (i won't post the entire thing, it's 8 pages long ... i am incredibly blessed)

things that i am grateful for:

a roof over my head / a bed to curl up in every night / a kind-hearted, soulful man who tells me every day how lucky he is to be my father / a bright and shiny mother who never stops making me laugh / a sassy glamazon of a sister / a best friend with a heart of pure gold/ an aunt who accepts me for exactly who i am / two beautiful boys who make me feel so incredibly special and blessed to be their big cousin / my creative spirit / three very special women i work with that make every day a joy/the opportunity to take photographs of my beautiful friends and family members/the two years spent with a group of the most passionate and creative theatre artists, who also became a second family to me/my mentor and the blessings and lessons he continues to bring into my life

" For today and it's blessings, I owe the world an attitude of gratitude"
- Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment