Saturday, February 4, 2012

Project Life: Week 3 and Week 4

I'm playing catch-up. Life has been so busy in my world ( like non-stop running, can't catch my breath kind of busy) and unfortunately, it hasn't been busy with all positive things.

So I did something for myself this week. I took a day off from work, and shut all my technological devices down. No phone, no computer... just me and my Project Life Binder.

It took me the entire day Friday, and an hour this morning, but I managed to almost catch up.

I'm just putting the finishing touches on this week (Week 5 already!). But first, here are the past two weeks.

Week 3:



This was a very cold week for us. We've been enjoying a very strange winter this year. Normally Alberta is plunged into a deep freeze (-20 to -30 celsius temps) for months. It has been an incredibly mild winter, until this week. With windchills, we were hitting the -40's. So lots of bundling up and staying in. Lots of internet surfing (probably why there are more "found inspiration" spots on my pages than anything else.


I did manage to get out of the house on the weekend to have coffee with my dear friend A at my favorite coffee shop. I always enjoy spending time with her and catching up. I noticed that I tend to take photos of my friend's hands to document an outing with them. Maybe it's because I know that if I lift my phone up to take a picture of their face, some of them will get uncomfortable immediately. Some of them will put on a cheesy grin, the face that everyone thinks they should have in pictures. Maybe it's because I just have a thing for hands...

Week 4:


This was a really tough week for me. I just felt like I was trying not to drown. I couldn't catch up, I couldn't express myself clearly ... tough, tough, tough. So I tried to brighten my days in any way possible (see the images of the coloured cutlery and the pretty new scarf)


I did have quite a few high points too though. My best friend S invited me to come with her on her trip to PEI (hence the suitcases), so I need to start saving travel money! It was also my dear friend R's birthday this week. Since he lives in Vancouver, I couldn't see him on his birthday. I still wanted a way to document this in my PL Binder, so I asked his love to take a snapshot of him on his big day and send it my way. I adore the picture she took. It captures him perfectly. Also, I used a SMASH Pad insert instead of a journaling card to document some of my favorite songs this week.

I also took a quick trip to my favorite scrapbooking store on Saturday morning and snapped a picture of their lovely decor. Saturday evening, A and I went out for dessert and drinks. My cheesecake was far too beautiful not to take a picture of...

Wishing you a lovely weekend and I will be back soon with Week 5!

-S xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment