Tuesday, July 27, 2010

*If...




Ask anyone who knows me well and they will tell you I can often be found with my nose stuck in a book.

They will also tell you half the time,I will have a pen in hand and that said book will be one of my journals.


So imagine my delight when I go in to one of my favorite places in the world, the local library, and find this delightful book ...


If...

(Questions for the Game of Life)

by Evelyn McFarlane & James Saywell


I open it up to find hundreds of questions, all starting with the word if... My mind races as I read question after question and realize that I have just come across a goldmine of journal prompts! Even more to my delight I find out that there are several more books in the "series", all with different questions ( or journal prompts, in my case). I ran to Chapters, just a block away and got the second one. There are a few on my birthday wish list as well!


I thought I would share some of my answers here, as well as in my journal. If you are in need of inspiration, or just a fun game to play with some friends, please go find these little gems!


If you could physically transport yourself to any place in the world at this moment, where would you go?


New York City. I miss it so much and crave the energy, sights and sounds. That city is magical, and I feel magical when I am a part of it.


If you could suddenly possess an extraordinary talent in one of the arts, what would you like it to be?


I would want to be an extraordinarily talented actor. I believe I am talented, as I am a graduate of a program that auditions many, and only takes 20 people a year, but I don't feel I possess an extraordinary talent. Acting (for the stage, not for film or television) is something I love, and am very passionate about.


If you could be instantly fluent in one other language that you currently do not read or speak, which would it be?


Italian or Gaelic, and no I cannot choose between the two. I think they are both beautiful and would gladly speak either of them


...so there is just a taste of the many question gems in this book. I am sure I will post more in the weeks to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment