Sunday, August 15, 2010

In Search of Home*


I've been very quiet for the past little while, not only in this space, but in other parts of my life as well. I just haven't really had anything I wanted to talk about or say. I have also been dreaming about the vacation I am taking next week.

My dear best friend and her love have graciously agreed to put up with me for a week and allow me to stay with them at their apartment in Vancouver. It has been 2 very long months since I have seen her and I miss her dearly.

In addition to spending time with my lovely friends, I am trying out the city...

Let me explain ...

In this life, I feel that I have never truly found my home. I have found some wonderful places, and lived with beautiful souls that I call dear friends, but never found that one spot that just screams out "this is it ... this is where you are meant to be" . Now, while New York City did scream that for me, I just don't think at this point in my life that living in that city is possible.

I am hoping in Vancouver, there will be something that grabs me and just doesn't let go. There is a possibility that I could have the opportunity to move to the city with the current job I have. But I won't make the move if I don't love the city.

So Vancouver, I am excited to meet you. I hope this first meeting will be the start of a great relationship ...

1 comment:

  1. I wish it were autumn so you could wander the beauty that is Stanley Park and fall deeply in love with our city. That park is my cathedral. When I was four years old, I used to go to that park with my mother. We would drive around it, through the tall trees and I would think it was heaven.

    I'm from the prairies (Winnipeg) which will always have a huge chunk of my heart, but I made my life here and there's nowhere I'd rather live. We have the best outdoor and active lifestyle here. Every day I get to look at mountains and ocean. It doesn't get any better than that.

    ReplyDelete