Friday, January 28, 2011

What Do You Collect?



I have noticed that I am a collector...
There are certain things I tend to gather and keep...
I wonder if it's an artist thing. or if it's just a Sheena thing...

Here's my list:

1) images. I have hundreds of files of images saved on my computer. I make a folder for each month and fill it with photos and images I love. Each month generally has over 500 photos in it. At the end of the month, I burn a CD of the images and it goes into a case with all of the other CD's. These images find their way into my scrapbooks and journals (on a side note: I always note where I get the image from, even though no one else reads my journals or personal scrapbook. I just always want to give credit to these amazing artists that inspire me and would hope that if I had the honour of being in someone's journal, they would do the same)

2) journals/scrapbooks. At this point in my life I have 93 journals. The smallest one has 23 pages (two fell out and have been taped into another journal :) ) and the largest is 750 pages. They are filled with everything, with my life...

3)quotes. I love wise words, words that inspire, words that force you to think and reflect. (these also go in journals ... it's a bit of an addiction :) )

4) love notes. any kind letter that has been sent or given to me is kept... you guessed it...in a journal. I have the most wonderful people in my life and they are so kind and loving to me. If i have a terrible day, all I have to do is pull out this magical love note journal and sit with their kind words.

These are just a few of the things I collect.

What do you collect dear ones?

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment